Session path "/var/lib/php5/sessions" is not writable for PHP!

0

Viticulture

Herdade do Rocim has 70 hectares of vineyards, of which 53 hectares are for the production of red grape varieties and 17 hectares of white grape varieties.

At Herdade do Rocim, the expression of our terroir is respected right from the start.
Herdade do Rocim, with 70 hectares of vineyards, of which 53 hectares are for the production of red grape varieties and 17 hectares of white grape varieties, has a certified organic production area and a significant area in the process of conversion to organic production.
Regarding the 70 hectares (ha) of vines, 20 ha are of old vines, planted in sandy soils, 60% being red grape varieties, with a predominance of Aragonez, Trincadeira, Moreto and Tinta Grossa and the remaining 40% in its vast majority are Antão Vaz, but also Rabo de Ovelha, Perrum, Roupeiro, Manteúdo.
Between the years 2001 and 2004, approximately 20 ha of vineyards were mainly planted with Alicante Bouschet, Aragonez and Trincadeira, in loam soils but also the Touriga Nacional and Syrah planted in sandy soils.
In 2006, 7 ha of white grape varieties were planted in sandy soils, mainly Antão Vaz, Arinto, Verdelho and Alvarinho.
Between 2009 and 2011, 23 ha of vineyards were planted, of which 2 ha of white grape varieties, Viosinho and Arinto were mostly planted in sandy soils, and the remaining 21 ha of red grape varieties with a strong predominance of Alicante Bouschet, planted in loam soils as well as sandy soils, and some areas with Tannat and Petit Verdot, planted in loam soils.
All the viticulture operations at Herdade do Rocim are carried out manually, always respecting the terroir and sustainability principles, from the winter pruning through interventions in green until the harvest, where the human hand has a key role.

Rocim @ 2016 Termos e Condições e Política de Privacidade
Projecto Movicortes S.A., em parceria com a associada Rocim, Lda

preloader